Use back arrow for previous page Federal law aimed at preventing such tragedies

Many others suffered a fate similar to Stephen and Rhiannon-see details

   

 

Stephen Adelipour, 21

Rhiannon McCuish, 21
February 24, 2007
Boston University
 

Two BU students killed in fire

Pronounced dead at scene; third student in serious condition

By: Clarissa Bottesini and Annie Mackin

Posted: 2/26/07                   Top of  page                       Article      

Reported that Boston University students Stephen Adelipour, 21, and Rhiannon McCuish died in a fire in an apartment building near South Campus, and another student was hospitalized in serious condition.  A burning candle caused the blaze.

Copyright 2007 The Daily Free Press

Candle sparked fire that killed 2 BU students

NStar crew is hailed for alerting tenants         Article

By Maria Cramer and Beth Daley, Globe Staff  |  February 26, 2007        Top of  page

Reported more on the fire fighters actions in fighting the blaze and the cause of the fire.  Friends of the deceased provided their remembrances.

Maria Cramer can be reached at mcramer@globe.com; Beth Daley at bdaley@globe.com.  

  Copyright 2007 The New York Times Company
 

Boston apartment fire raises questions at Plymouth State

By: Samantha Kenney               Top of  page            Article

Posted: 3/2/07

Reported that the residence in which the fire started hosted a party earlier in the night. The fire caused approximately $1,000,000 in damages.

 

Copyright 2007 The Clock

 

2d fatal blaze in 3 weeks near BU

Pa. student, 19, dies in Brookline

By John R. Ellement and Stephanie Ebbert, Globe Staff  |  March 17, 2007

Excerpt                         Top of  page                     Article

Yesterday's blaze struck two blocks from the apartment that went up in flames on Feb. 24, killing Stephen Adelipour , 21, of Great Neck, N.Y., and Rhiannon McCuish , also 21, of Mashpee. A third student, Steven Boursiquot , 22, of Dix Hills, N.Y., suffered burns on 20 percent of his body and was to undergo a second skin-grafting surgery earlier this month. Boursiquot was listed last night in fair condition at Massachusetts General Hospital.

That fire was caused by a candle left lit after a power outage; it also followed a small party in the apartment, neighbors said.

Top of  page

ACT NOW-Before Events Leave You With No Choice

Leave your comments on the CompelledToAct Blog

 
 

CompelledToAct.com

 

Concerned about the drinking culture on campuses?

This site provides information as to the seriousness of the problem.

 

In Loving Memory of Kristine Guest 

 

Listing for Fall 2007 semester

 
 
 

Federal Law addressing campus drinking

 

Civil Litigation-Responsibility for Student Safety

 

Parent Awareness

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

How and why?