Vigil honors SDSU student
By Lisa Petrillo and David Graham
Top of page
September 30, 2004
Reported that San Diego State student Douglas DeWitt died during Pledge Week for fraternities and
sororities. Douglas was found dead at his campus fraternity house. Doug Case, SDSU's fraternity adviser, said this is the first
death in a fraternity house that he can recall since he started in 1978. University officials say the Greek parties were policed to keep them
alcohol-free. Also, reported were remembrances of Douglas by friends and family.
Young overdose victims had
much in common
By Lisa Petrillo, STAFF WRITER
Top of page
and Joe Cantlupe, COPLEY NEWS SERVICE
February 19, 2005
Reported that in the past eight months, two local university students and
a recent graduate have died of overdoses linked to the use of the same powerful
prescription painkiller. The deceased individuals are Patrick Stewart, Douglas
DeWitt, and Daniel Ashkenazy. They all died in separate incidents mixing
alcohol with OxyContin.
The article reported on the growing problem of OxyContin
abuse as well and providing insight as to lives of the unfortunate victims.
ACT NOW-Before Events Leave You With No Choice
Leave your comments on the